Friday 5 July 2013

Nicole by OPI

As Sid would say, all right! Double prizes!





There was no gif for the double prizes bit, boooo!

Anywho, as it took me so long to post my last update with trying to do it at work during lunch (the signal is terrible) I wanted to do another post. So I shall be showing the two polishes I've got from Nicole by OPI, Alex by the Books and Am I Making Myself Claire? 

I was minding my own business when I stumbled across this in Superdrug:




Holy priceless collection of Etruscan snoods, Batman!

I've been a follower of Chit Chat Nails for a long time and had been lusting after Alex by the Books after seeing her post on it, so of course I had to buy it and it's just silly to only buy one polish. So I also picked up Am I Making Myself Claire? They're both from the Modern Family collection (which I don't watch but I can still enjoy the polish right...right??)

So the lavly Alex by the Books is a yummy shiny green.



I just love how OPI goes on, the first coat (or two) seems quite patchy, then the next coat evens it all out and it looks gorgeous. One of the main reasons I always go back to OPI (and Essie) is the wide brush, it makes it so much easier to apply and I'm also loving the shape of these bottles!




I believe this was two coats (over a normal basecoat) and a coat of Seche Vite although it was pretty shiny without it. Once more for the kids:




Moving on, Am I Making Myself Claire? is a sha-weet creamy, dusty purple.



Loooove it. This was also just two coats with Seche Vite. 

Obligatory bottle shot...



I used up all my words on Alex by the Books :p But this was also really easy to apply, a bit of a patchy first coat but levelled out on the second. I should add that the patchiness issue could just be my lack of skillz but it still looks lavly in the end.




I did a little bit of nail art with this one but not enough to give it a separate post so I shall share it here




For this I used a Born Pretty Store heart shaped stud (from he-arr, those hearts are gold but I got silver ones!) and a dotting tool (see heeere) for the dots coming off the heart. I used OPI Anti Bleak, OPI You're Such a Budapest (I think! I normally write this stuff down but I didn't for this for some unknown reason, apologies!) and Sally Hansen Showgirl Chic. Showgirl Chic is also used on the little finger. I thought it looked pretty cute. The heart is a bit too flat though so it pinged off quite soon afterwards :p

Well longest post ever, thanks for reading!



Pics: Sid

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and any feedback you can give :D